By Car ~
HIlton Head Island is a foot-shaped barrier island located off South Carolina's southern coast and approximately 20 miles off Interstate 95. Take Exit 8 when traveling North or South on I-95 onto Highway 278 East. Stay on Hwy278. You will pass WalMart, University of SC, Sun City Hilton Head, travel through Bluffton passing the outlet malls, shopping centers, and restaurants. Hwy 278 will lead you over the bridges to Hilton Head Island. If you are traveling to the south end of the Island near, Sea Pines Resort, Forest Beach, Shipyard and Palmetto Dunes, it is faster to to take the Cross Island Expressway.
If you are headed toward Singleton Beach area, Port Royal, or Folly Field, it will be easier and faster to take Hwy 278 Business.
- From Atlanta, GA - Approx 4 hours
- From Charlotte, NC - Approx 4 hours
- From Jacksonville, Florida - Approx 2 hours and 15 minutes
- From Charleston, SC -Approx. 2.hours and 15 minutes
- From Columbia, SC - Approx. 3 hours
- From Savannah, GA - Approx 1 hour and 10 minutes
By Air ~
Links to the Airport Websites
- Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Hilton Head Island Airport - Directions
- HIlton Head Island Private Airport